All Workshops will be live Zoom sessions with the host. In addition, all Workshops will be recorded for later viewing at your convenience in the event that you are unable to attend the Zoom session.
As we near July 15th, you will be sent your Zoom sign-up credentials and a password to view the videos for a limited time after the virtual conference has ended.
Thursday, July 15th
- 8:45-9:15pm “All About Hosta of the Year” Bob Solberg
Friday, July 16th
- 3:00-4:00pm “What is Hosta Virus X?” Chris Wilson
- 4:00-4:30pm “Testing Hostas for Hosta Virus X with the Agdia ImmunoStrip” Robert Emmitt/ Agdia, Inc.
- 4:30-5:00pm “Sluggo Snail and Slug Bait…Is It Effective?” Bob Petrilli/ Monterey Lawn and Garden Products
- 5:00-5:30pm “Timing is Everything when Repelling Animal Browsers in the Hosta Garden with Plantskydd” Julia Hofley/ Tree World Plant Care Products
- 5:30-6:15pm “Dealing with the Modern-Day Bambi: Managing Deer Conflicts” Marne Titchenell/ Ohio State University
Saturday, July 17th
- 3:00-3:30pm “Hosta Registration 101” Gayle Hartley Alley, Hosta Registrar
- 3:30-4:00pm “A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words” Kathy Sisson
- 4:00-5:00pm “Growing Hostas in Containers” Tammy Borden
- 5:00-5:30pm “What You Should Know About Espoma’s Organic Fertilizers” Jim Voytus/ The Espoma Company
- 5:30-6:00pm “Aeroponic Propagators (Cloners) – Why YOU should have one!” Lisa Quiggle
All About Hosta of the Year
With Bob Solberg
What is the “Hosta of the Year”, who determines it, and how is it selected? Should you have a “Hosta of the Year” (HOTY) collection? Get these answers & more.
Thursday, July 15 – 8:45-9:15pm
What Is Hosta Virus X (HVX)? What to do
With Chris Wilson
Chris will show us what Hosta Virus X (HVX) is, tell us why it is important to recognize the virus, and explain the steps we can take to prevent its spread.
Friday, July 16 – 3:00-4:00pm
Testing Hosta for Hosta Virus X
With Agdia ImmunoStrip
Robert Emmitt provides background information on HVX and an introduction to the ImmunoStrip, with step-by-step instructions on how to use it.
Friday, July 16 – 4:00-4:30pm
Sluggo ® For Slugs in Your Garden
With Bob Petrilli
Monterey Lawn & Garden company representative, Bob Petrilli will show workshop participants the Sluggo product, explain how it works, and tell us how to apply it for effective control of slugs in the hosta garden.
Friday, July 16 – 4:30-5:00pm
Timing is Everything when Repelling Animal Browsers
All natural, organic protection
Julia Hofley/Tree World Plant Care Products will present an overview of this safe-to-use product for repelling deer, rabbits, voles, squirrels, chipmunks, and other herbivores which are a hosta nuisance.
Friday, July 16 – 5:00-5:30pm
Dealing with the Modern-Day Bambi: Managing Deer Conflicts
With Marne Titchenell
The workshop host, Marne Titchenell, will discuss the identification of deer damage as well as effective options, techniques, and strategies to deal with modern-day Bambi.
Friday, July 16 – 5:30-6:15pm
Hosta Registration 101 Overview of All Aspects
With Gayle Hartley Alley
This workshop teaches an overview of all aspects of registration including:
Preparing to register, the
registration form, online registration vs hard copy, and what to expect from your Hosta Registrar.
Saturday, July 17 – 3:00-3:30pm
A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words
With Kathie Sisson
This workshop will focus on simple tips for photographing hostas, with an emphasis on capturing images to show off identifying characteristics for the purpose of record-keeping and registering.
Saturday, July 17 – 3:30-4:00pm
Growing Hostas in Containers
With Tammy Borden
You can expand your designs in the landscape and overcome many gardening challenges. Learn about soil selection, siting, overwintering, design ideas, and tips for growing hostas in containers.
Saturday, July 17 – 4:00-5:00pm
What You Should Know About Espoma’s Organic Fertilizers
With Jim Voytus
Our favorite perennial responds very well to an application of organic fertilizer. In this workshop, company representative Jim Voytus will show us the Espoma line of organic fertilizers and explain how they can benefit your garden.
Saturday, July 17 – 5:00-5:30pm
Aeroponic Propagators (Cloners) – Why YOU should have one!
With Lisa Quiggle
Ovit latque in re nis aliquundi rento odis molupta dem. Nam lam cum ernam sanit parchicitium andam fugia eosam inullendis ullo bla imolla pelit omnima volupti
Button Link isn’t set
Saturday, July 17, 5:30-6:00pm